1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

centroides collecting in FL

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Lucas339, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Advertisement
    i live in southish florida. for some reason they consider where i live south florida but i don't. i am looking for information on where to get some centroides sp. around me.

2. sfpearl300z

sfpearl300z Arachnoknight

Hey Luke,

I used to find them by my house in the Sandpiper Bay/Club Med area (corner of US1 and PSL blvd). They used to be all over the wooded area where the SuperWalMart is now.

I've also found them at the Savannas Preserve State Park off Walton Road:

2541 Southeast Walton Road
    Port St Lucie, FL 34952-7169
    (772) 398-2779

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  3. i have herd that the savannas is a good spot. ill have to check out both locations.

thanks!!

4. Hi there,

I am going to Orlando in June for 3 weeks on vacation.

Being from Northern Ireland, we don't have scorpions in the wild here.

I know there are obviously scorpions native to Florida, but are any species native to Orlando/Central Florida area? I would love to go looking for some in the wild while I am there. I know I wont be able to collect them as I wouldn't be able to bring them home, but I would love just to see them in their natural habitat.

Any advice?

Many thanks.

5. sfpearl300z

sfpearl300z Arachnoknight

What area of Orlando will you be staying? If you are willing to travel a little north for some GOOD hunting, you can check out Wekeiva, Blue, and Rock springs. They are all state parks, and an great place to find C. gracilis and C. hentzi (most common). Blue springs would be my recommendation. It's in Orange City south of Daytona, but arguably the best in the area for its undisturbed natural beauty.

6. Hi, Many thanks for your reply. We are staying in the International Drive area of Orlando but we are hiring a car. Those national parks sound good. Might go there and see if I can spot anything. Many thanks again for your advice.