Advertisement Hadrurus arizonensis test. I've never been envonomated by a scorpion before, so I thought I'd give it a try. Since my P. imperators absolutely will not sting me, I decided to try it out with my desert hairies. I got stung by my 5 inch desert hairy a few days ago, but that was apparently a dry sting, which means I didn't learn anything from it. So I had to see if my 2.5 inch desert hairy would do any better. So I just got stung by a Hadrurus arizonensis. About 2.5 inches. I know it wasn't a dry sting because I left it's "stinger" in me until I could no longer stand the pain. At first, the sting was pretty painful. On par with being bitten by an "usambara babboon spider" of similar size. But unlike a bite from a P. murinus, the pain almost completely disappeared after like 5 minutes. Interestingly, though, I quickly got a warm, numbing sensation in my entire hand. It was quite unlike anything I've felt before. And it wasn't painful, either. And dare I say it, it actually felt rather pleasant, in a weird sort of way. It was like my knuckles were taking a nice, hot shower. But this sensation also disappeared about 10 minutes after being stung. It's now been half an hour and I've had no other noticeable effects. And my hand feels just like it did before being stung, after only a half hour. I'm not sure which venom I got, the more deadly venom, or the more painful venom. But either way, it was an entertaining experience for about 10 minutes. And I really don't think I need to add this notice, but DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! It's stupid to intentionally let a venomous animal sting you, and I only did it because I'm an idiot ( and to a lesser extent, because I was already pretty confident that H. arizonensis is generally considered a "harmless" species).