1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lol? wut? B. Vagans intense webbing xD

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Aryan Kalia, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Aryan Kalia

Aryan Kalia Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    hi, this is a weird question but my B. Vagans is webbing like there is no tomorrow why?

2. Tomoran

Tomoran Arachnoknight

Is it possibly throwing down a molting mat and getting ready to molt? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Aryan Kalia

Aryan Kalia Arachnopeon

no its made anchor points everywhere and ate a few days ago it looks like it was done by a neoholothele incei or a chromotepelma cyanpubescence for something like that its crazy
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BaWiu-hlia-/?taken-by=thingsthatweb

4. Tomoran

Tomoran Arachnoknight

Perhaps it's just doing some decorating. Has it been rehoused recently?

5. Aryan Kalia

Aryan Kalia Arachnopeon

a few weeks ago to replace substrate due to mites but after it just did a web mat however yesterday i did increase humidity to 80

6. ShyDragoness

ShyDragoness Arachnoknight Active Member

wait- whats its set up? And does it have a water dish? I cant see one in the video so sorry if I'm mistaken ^w^

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. KezyGLA

KezyGLA Arachnoking

Its broken

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tomoran

Tomoran Arachnoknight

Unfortunately, I'm not able to open that link. What size is she? Why is the humidity around 80? Despite what you may read, you can ignore the supposed humidity requirements for tarantulas. The B. vagans is a hardy species that really doesn't have moisture requirements. Keeping her that moist will make it even more comfortable for mites and other undesirables. I would let the substrate dry out a bit (if it's wet), give her a water dish, and overflow it a bit every once in a while...she'll be good to go. I've had mine for a couple years now, and she does fine like this and grows like a weed. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. darkness975

darkness975 dream reaper Arachnosupporter

The Enclosure looks cluttered. All it needs is a hide, water dish, and substrate. No need for sticks or moss or humidity gauges. All those items pose a risk to its health.

G. porteri is also not known to be a huge webber, but look at mine:

There are exceptions to every general pattern.

Humidity should not be 80% for a B. vagans. Throw that humidity gauge in the trash. Those cheap Petco gauges don't even work for animals that DO require high humidity.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. KezyGLA

KezyGLA Arachnoking

Contrary to popular belief, B. vagans are wuite a tropical species (one of only a few from the genus) and would appreciate a bit of humidity. Though, as said already, they are hardy and do well without. And high humidity with natural woods will bring mould and other nuisances. Best not trying to maintain the humidity. Occasional overflow will do nicely.

11. 14pokies

14pokies Arachnoprince

Your Tarantula is webbing over everything in an attempt to escape the moist substrate..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1