1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tarantula Podcast

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by SkyeSpider, Jan 15, 2012.

1. SkyeSpider

SkyeSpider Spider Queen Old Timer

Advertisement
    I just searched for a tarantula podcast and only found one (The Tarantula Diaries) was no episodes. Does anyone know of one? If there aren't any, does anyone want to start one? I have plenty of podcasting experience and have written the intro music to dozens, as well.

I'm rambling. In summation: does anyone want to start an Arachnopets podcast?

2. Alireza

Alireza Arachnosquire

You mean like videos talking about arachnids?

3. Amoeba

Amoeba Arachnolord

Kumo Ranch used to do one and I think it's on itunes now but it was called "The Exoskeleton" I enjoyed listening to it but he just shipped out so it changed hands and has disappeared.

My only issue with theirs was that it was literally around 90% Ts and not other inverts, I made a complaint (read: suggestion) on their facebook page and got that 10% for scorpions.

I would love to have another one up and going. I'm only a n00b but I'll be willing to help out how I can.

4. Jared781

Jared781 Arachnobaron

damn good idea!!
    you can bet if this idea takes off
    ill be the first subscriber!!!!!

5. That would b awesome. Great idea. You can have people call up or whatever and ask questions and have discussions. Can also watch videos and comment / publicly discuss and what not. I bet you coup get Jon3800 in on it. He's an awesome guy.

6. jayefbe

jayefbe Arachnoprince

I love the podcast format and think it's a great idea. It'd be very cool to get a weekly, bi-weekly thing set up and do interviews with different invert dealers/big-time hobbyists from time to time.

7. thats a GREAT idea, you can have certain notable people that are in the hobby interviewed.........from amateur hobbyist , to crazy breeders, dealers and controversial people in the hobby....

8. I can be the first 14 year old that is somewhat well known in the hobby if I get interviewed. lmao.

9. HoboAustin

HoboAustin Arachnosquire

That's a good idea. I'll be looking forward to it if you end up making one :)

10. StampFan

StampFan Arachnolord Active Member

Calgary
    Bumping this forward. Its hard to believe there isn't a tarantula/invert podcast somewhere considering there are a gazillion YouTube videos....

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. RTTB

RTTB Arachnoprince

I love the idea.

12. Mjb30

Mjb30 Arachnosquire

Funnily enough I had a search for one a week or two ago. Indeed I was surprised that I couldn’t find one.

13. MetalMan2004

MetalMan2004 Arachnolord

Texas
    I would definitely be interested in listening and learning some good information. I’m not all that interested in audio reviews of other’s videos. I want some good documentary type information and discussion on breakthroughs in new species and such. The problem is thats a lot of work to out forth for a podcast. I’d listen though!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Garth Vader

Garth Vader Arachnohipster

USA
    Why doesn't someone make one? I would definitely listen. I much prefer podcasts over all that YouTube stuff.

15. StampFan

Calgary
    If you search deep enough and long enough you can find a couple of good old archived podcast episodes. Stan Schultz interviewed in one.

16. StampFan

Calgary
    • Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Tomoran

Tomoran Arachnoknight

Thanks so much, @StampFan! I'd been considering it for a while, and I'm glad that folks seem to be excited for tarantula/invert podcast. Fingers crossed that it's actually good. :)

• Like Like x 5
  18. StampFan

Calgary
    It is great! 30 minute podcasts (or longer) are always preferred, put it on during the morning commute and enjoy the excellent hobby talk. Q&A is always good as it allows you to get our your thoughts and opinions on different topics.

The sound quality is great, and it was a really quick download from your site. I think without wifi it took about 2 seconds tops for an entire episode.

I'm now patiently awaiting the next episodes....

• Like Like x 1
  19. DanBsTs

DanBsTs Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man

NH,USA
    Whaaaaaat?:eek: that's wicked awesome! Look forward to it @Tomoran ! No pressure :p

• Like Like x 1
  20. lvc

lvc Arachnopeon

Just listened to the episodes today, really good stuff! Made riding public transport much more bearable :headphone:

• Like Like x 3